What information do we collect and how?
The personal information PPP Taking Care collects through this website may include details such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, bank/credit card details and health information. Personal information is collected by PPP Taking Care via this website:
- through enquiry and registration
- when you purchase any of our services and products
- through applications; and
- through feedback forms
If you contact us, we will usually keep a record of that correspondence. We also collect information that could identify your computer to us and / or that tells us about how you use the PPP Taking Care website. For more information see the section “Cookies” below.
How will we store and use your information
We will store your personal details (which may include your medical history or other health information) securely in our database and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Except in circumstances detailed below, we will not disclose your personal details to any third party, except those who work for us or otherwise help us to provide our products and services, without your prior verbal or written consent.
Our uses include marketing and giving you information that we think may be of interest to you. and we may share information for this purpose with other AXA Group companies so that they can do the same. Very occasionally, we may also do this with companies outside of the AXA Group with whom we have a business relationship. Where required we will ensure we obtain your consent before doing any of these things. If you would rather not receive marketing in this way see the section “Your rights” below.
We will use the information we collect for analytical purposes, and to assist us in improving our website, processes, services and products. We may use it to help us understand more about you and to inform our relationship with you. To do this we may also obtain information that we obtain from other sources, for example from other AXA companies, where it is lawful for us to do so. Likewise we may share it with other AXA Group companies so that they can do the same.
We may now or in future use other companies to help provide services to you and store your information. Many of these are AXA Group companies and some are companies based outside the UK, most notably in Switzerland, where AXA has a Data Centre. The laws for the protections for personal information in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) may not be as good as they are in the EEA. We take steps to ensure that the organisations we work with provide adequate protection.
Finally, if we think some of our uses of the information that you give to us are unlikely to be clear to you, we will tell you what the uses are before you submit the information to us.
PPP Taking Care is committed to delivering the rights that the Data Protection Act 1998 and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations provides to individuals.
Amongst these are:
- the right to object to your personal information being used for direct marketing. We will only send you information when it is lawful for us to do it and we won’t bombard you with it, but if you do not wish to receive this information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at PPP Taking Care, Linhay House, Linhay Business Park, Ashburton, Devon, TQ13 7UP. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
- the right to request a copy of the personal information PPP Taking Care holds about you. To do this, please write to us with full details of what you require enclosing a cheque or postal order for £10 payable to PPP Taking Care Limited, at the following address: PPP Taking Care, Linhay House, Linhay Business Park, Ashburton, Devon, TQ13 7UP
PPP Taking Care sends cookies to your computer from this website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer and can make a website more useful by storing information about your preferences on particular websites. This in turn allows website owners to provide more useful features for their users.
Errors and Omissions
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you believe that there may be an error in any of the information that you have submitted via this website or if any of the information you have already provided to us changes, please let us know by sending either:
- an email to email@example.com (bear in mind that email is not a secure means of communication and we recommend that you do not send sensitive information such as health information by email. You should never send financial information such as bank details or credit card details by email).
- a letter to Customer Services, PPP Taking Care, Linhay House, Linhay Business Park, Ashburton, Devon, TQ13 7UP
We will review your records as soon as possible.
Sale of business
If PPP Taking Care is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
We may amend this privacy statement from time to time and for this reason, it is valid for a period of 1 day from the date you have viewed it. We recommend that you read this statement regularly.