Office Receptionist: Part-time
This vacancy is now closed. Please view our active job vacancies for the latest opportunities at PPP Taking Care.
As part of the AXA Group, PPP Taking Care provides around the clock support to over 70,000 people. Through our personal alarms service we give people the confidence to live well and remain in the home they love. This is just the first step towards a greater ambition – to be the single source of products, services, information and advice our customers can trust to take care of the essentials of life.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Receptionist for our busy reception area, to work Monday to Friday 08.15 – 12.45, and 12.30 – 17.00 on alternative weeks; with the flexibility to cover sickness and holiday for other team members.
As the Receptionist is the first impression a visitor has of PPP Taking Care, this role would ideally be suited to someone who has previously worked in a busy reception environment and is confident, organised, with an excellent telephone manner. The ability to listen and empathise with all age groups, with an open and friendly attitude, is essential.
As Receptionist you will:
- Answer mainline incoming calls and pass to appropriate departments. Ensure messages are passed on promptly and accurately.
- Receive and register visitors.
- Book in and co-ordinate site visitors, including hospitality arrangements, and checking suitability of meeting rooms available.
- Maintain the booking of the meeting rooms’ system, ensuring there are no double bookings.
- Provide general administrative support to the Customer Services Department, including general office and postal duties.
- Maintain the security of the building.
- Present the correct company image at all times; this will include wearing suitable business attire.
- Good standard of education to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven ability to be able to work to conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A professional telephone manner.
- General office administration work.
The part-time position is based at our offices in Linhay House, Linhay Business Park, Ashburton, TQ13 7UP, working 22.5 hours per week.
Salary: £9,906 p.a.