Customer Response Advisor
As part of the AXA Group, PPP Taking Care provides around the clock support to over 70,000 people. Through our personal alarms service we give people the confidence to live well and remain in the home they love. This is just the first step towards a greater ambition – to be the single source of products, services, information and advice our customers can trust to take care of the essentials of life.
We are a rapidly expanding Company and are looking to recruit a Customer Response Advisor to join our Response Team and work various shifts. The Customer Response Advisor receives and evaluates inbound calls from our customer’s alarm systems, assesses and manages an appropriate response, and ensures that the customer is dealt with efficiently, effectively, and in accordance with company procedures. The Customer Response Advisor Team handles emergency response calls in a 24/7, 365 days a year service. The Customer Response Centre supports a diverse and largely vulnerable customer base.
The role would be suited to someone who has previous experience of working within a call handling, customer facing environment, and has the ability to handle problems and difficult situations whilst remaining calm and effective. You will need to assess, control, and arrange a swift and appropriate response to emergency situations by calling the fire, police or ambulance service. You will need patience and understanding when dealing with our customers, with a “can do” attitude. Out of hours you will need to answer urgent customer service calls.
- Good standard of education to GCSE level or equivalent. Desirable would be English and Maths.
- Proven working with Microsoft Office.
- Experience of supporting or advising vulnerable groups.
- Demonstrable analytical skills with the ability to evaluate information quickly.
- Good telephone manner.
- Holidays – you will receive 26 days’ paid holiday (pro rata) each year.
- Pension – You will be automatically enrolled into our defined contribution pension scheme aimed at helping you to plan and save for the future, whatever your age.
- Life Assurance.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- My Hub Discounts – giving you access to online cash back, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, and cycle to work schemes.
The role is for 32 hours per week and subject to a basic DBS check.
Location: The position will be based at our Head Office at Pynes Hill, Rydon Lane, Exeter EX2 5SP.
Salary: £8.52 per hour to start, rising to £9.11, after successful completion of probation and training. In addition, once trained, you will receive enhanced rates for working unsociable hours.