Customer Response Advisor - Maternity Cover
This vacancy is now closed. Please view our active job vacancies for the latest opportunities at PPP Taking Care.
As part of the AXA Group, PPP Taking Care provides around the clock support to over 50,000 people. Through our personal alarm service we give people the confidence to live well and remain in the home they love. This is just the first step towards a greater ambition – to be the single source of products, services, information and advice our customers can trust to take care of the essentials of life.
We currently have a maternity cover (52 weeks) position available for a Customer Response Advisor to join our Response Team, working 32 hours to cover the shifts as detailed below.
The Customer Response Advisor receives and evaluates inbound calls from our customers’ alarm systems, assesses and manages an appropriate response, and ensures that the customer is dealt with efficiently, effectively, and in accordance with company procedures. The Customer Response Advisor Team handles emergency response calls in a 24/7, 365 days a year service. The Customer Response Centre supports a diverse and largely vulnerable customer base.
- Monday 06.00 – 14.00
- Tuesday 11.00 – 19.00
- Thursday 14.00 – 22.00
- Sunday 08.00 – 16.00
This role would be suited to someone who has had previous experience of working within a call handling, customer facing environment, and has the ability to handle problems and difficult situations whilst remaining calm and effective. You will need to assess, control, and arrange a swift and appropriate response to emergency situations by calling the fire, police or ambulance service. You will need patience and understanding when dealing with our customers, with a 'can do' attitude. Out of hours you will need to answer urgent customer service calls.
- Good standard of education to GCSE level or equivalent, or above. Desirable would be English and Maths.
- Proven working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience of supporting or advising vulnerable groups.
- Analytical skills with the ability to evaluate information quickly.
- Good telephone manner.
- £8.35 per hour to start, rising to £8.93 after successful completion of probation and training.
- You will receive 26 days’ paid holiday (pro rata) each year.
- You will be automatically enrolled into our defined contribution pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- My Discounts – giving you access to online cash back, childcare vouchers, retail discounts and cycle to work schemes.
The role will be subject to a basic DBS check. The position will initially be based at our Head Office in Ashburton.